MRI Diagnostic Fund
One way the Multiple Sclerosis Association of America (MSAA) helps individuals to find answers is through assistance in acquiring magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), which is used to help diagnose multiple sclerosis (MS) and to evaluate both disease progression and treatment efficacy. Given the nature of MS, with its characteristic flare-ups and remissions, MS can be very difficult to diagnose. Additionally, MS activity is often sub-clinical, which means that the illness may continue to progress without any outward signs or increased symptoms. An MRI exam can often give doctors the answers they need to help diagnose MS and to get an "inside view" of disease activity.Supported by a contribution from Genzyme Corporation, the MRI Diagnostic Fund helps individuals obtain an initial diagnostic MRI of the brain by working with MS centers, imaging centers and doctors' offices. In cases of insurance denials or non-insured individuals, MSAA can assist with payment for a diagnostic MRI, for qualified clients. Certain income limits apply.
All individuals who apply MUST:
- Understand that this program funds initial testing only, which will be used in determining the diagnosis of multiple sclerosis. Anyone who has already had an MRI exam specifically to determine the diagnosis of MS is not eligible. Please apply to the MRI Institute.
- Qualify as being:
1. Household incomes must not exceed three (3)times the federal poverty level for family size.
2. Non-insured or denied insurance coverage for the MRI exam.
- Complete, sign, and return the MRI Diagnostic Fund application form to MSAA.
- Do not schedule or have an MRI until MSAA has approved your application.
- MSAA will direct you to an imaging center in your area
Important Information to Remember:
- Upon the approval of each applicant and until the initial funding cap expires, MSAA will provide payment of the MRI directly to the test provider.
- Remember, you are responsible for any associated fees or charges such as physician fees, fees to read your MRI, etc
- A diagnosis of MS is not necessary to receive financial support.
- Submit all applications to:
Multiple Sclerosis Association of America
706 Haddonfield Road
Cherry Hill, NJ 08002
Attn: Diagnostic Fund
Please Remember to Include: the prescription for MRI of Brain with or without contrast from your physician
If you have any questions please call the MSAA MRI Diagnostic Fund at (800)532-7667,ext 120 or email firstname.lastname@example.org