MSAA Fact Sheet
The Multiple Sclerosis Association of America (MSAA) is a national nonprofit organization dedicated to enriching the quality of life for everyone affected by multiple sclerosis. MSAA provides ongoing support and direct services to individuals with MS and their families. MSAA also serves to promote greater understanding of the needs and challenges of those who face physical obstacles.
Programs and services provided by MSAA include:
- National toll-free information and support Helpline (800-532-7667).
- Compassionate and responsive consultation with MS clients and their families.
- Support groups for individuals with MS, their care partners, their children, men’s groups, and teens with MS.
- Equipment Distribution Program (wheelchairs, walkers, scooters, etc.) for those who are physically challenged.
- Cooling Assistance Program to provide relief for heat-sensitive individuals.
- Barrier-free housing for physically disabled adults who wish to remain independent.
- Funding of Diagnostic MRIs for those who have been denied insurance coverage. Insurance advocacy and financial assistance to individuals in need of follow-up MRI exams through the MSAA MRI Institute.
- Educational literature on topics ranging from medical research and treatments to managing symptoms and coping with MS.
- Free lending library of books and materials on topics related to multiple sclerosis.
- Awareness events including conferences with educational workshops, guest speakers, and information on helpful products and services.